Monday, March 14, 2011

Mo money, Mo problems


Back in the 90’s, I remember some of my friends going through a “Rap” faze.  Some liked the generic stuff; others were listening to the hardcore thug rap.  One of the ones I remember hearing “back in the day” was Notorious B-I-G, otherwise known as “Biggie Smalls”. 

One of the famous lines he would repeat over and over was “Mo money, Mo problems!”  In his own unique and graphic way, Biggie was saying “I spent my whole life trying to obtain the lifestyle of money, fame and fortune…..In the end, all it has brought me is heartache!”

I thought about this as I read Proverbs 13:8 when it says “A person’s riches may ransom their life…”  I thought to myself “What does that mean?  How can money ransom a person's life?”

Here are a few things to consider:

  • Does money cause trouble in your life? 
  • Are you a slave to your job / career?
  • Does debt/lifestyle prohibit you from doing what God wants you to do?
  • If God called you to do something for Him but it paid less, would you do it?
  • Do you worry about money? 
  • How much is enough?

Think about your financial situation today.  Does God’s will direct your every move for your life, or is your financial situation holding your life ransom?

No comments:

Post a Comment