Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Measure Of A Man


Over the past several years, I have seen the Lord answer my prayers in the craziest of ways.  Last month was no exception.

To bring those of you that may not know me or my wife, we changed churches the end of last year.  It was a major move for our family, but we felt that we were obeying God and following Him where He wanted us to go.

As we began to worship with our new church family, I began to pray and ask God “What next Lord?  What do you want me to do for you now?”  I didn’t expect such a quick response.

The very next week my Dad called me up and informed me that he had a book that he wanted me to read.  It was entitled “The Measure of a Man” by Gene Getz.  The whole premise of the book began from a Men’s Bible study that Pastor Getz led years ago.  He began studying the 20 Christ-like attributes that Paul laid out for Timothy and Titus in his letters to them.  From that Bible study, he wrote the book and has since sold millions of copies world-wide.

I asked Daddy why he wanted me to read it?  He replied “You never know……you might lead a men’s bible study yourself someday and be able to use it!”  God joke #1.  (God’s sense of humor in speaking with me)

The very next day my best friend informed me that “if you ever teach a men’s Bible study, I’ll come.”  Within 24 hours I had heard from two different people the same thing.  God joke #2.

Two days later I had two other guys mention that we should get a men’s group together in our area.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, I started to put the pieces of the puzzle together. 

We begin next week and without advertising it, we have 12 guys that have come out of nowhere and signed up for a 20 week Bible study of this book.

God is so awesome.  Please keep us in your prayers as we dive head first into this material.  From the looks of things, I expect God not to only show up……but show out!

I highly recommend this book.  If you would like to purchase “The Measure of a Man” please click the following link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment