Friday, July 22, 2011

Casting

Definition of Cast:  (verb) To throw or hurl something with great force.
When was the last time you hurled an object?  Have you ever hurled something with great force? 

One of my favorite memories as a child was when my Father and I took some old dishes to the local trash dump.  I vividly remember standing over the dumpster and throwing those ceramic plates and glasses into the metal container.  There was a feeling of release and freedom as I threw them as hard as I could.  It was fun to hear them crash and break!  I enjoyed watching them shatter into a million pieces.

King David wrote in Psalm 55:22

Cast your cares on the Lord
and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall.


That is what our heavenly Father wants us to do with our worries.  As His children, He promises us that He will take them.  Today, hurl your troubles onto the Lord.  Watch them as they shatter into little pieces.  He will sustain you.

No comments:

Post a Comment