Monday, January 2, 2012

It's Working!!!



My daughter is turning 8 years old in 3 weeks.  This morning she walked into my office and asked m what I was doing.

"I'm writing my goals down!"  I replied.

This confused her so I explained that every year I write down my spiritual, personal and work goals down at the beginning of every year and post them in my office.  Usually, by the end of each year (with God's help) I will achieve them.

A few minutes later she brought me her goals and asked me to type them up so she could sign them.  Here they are:

I often wonder if my kids are absorbing what my wife and I are teaching.  Our goal in parenting is to raise Godly children who follow Jesus.  As I read my daughter's goals I am encouraged. 

Side Note:  Kidspring is the children's church program for kid's at our church.  For more information visit www.newspring.cc.

2 comments: