Monday, September 5, 2011

Answering your call

For most of my life, I have been writing in some sort or fashion.  I write songs, poems, short stories, etc.  What is funny is that I have never considered myself as a writer but someone who just enjoys writing from time to time.

In February of this year, God put it on my heart to start this website.  My first reaction was “God, I’m not a writer!”  God had a different response.  I started this website and began writing what God put on my heart.  Immediately He began to bless it.  A few months later someone from my church asked me to help write for our church website.  Even though I don’t see myself as a writer, God does!  He has placed me in a position to write encouraging materials for others to read.  

In Jeremiah 1:4-7 we see God call Jeremiah to speak the word to His people.  Jeremiah’s first response was “Not me!  I’m only a child!”  God answers him by saying “Don’t say that!  You are who I say you are!”  When God calls us to do something, it is ordained.  It is blessed and preset.  God told Jeremiah that He had this all planned out before He was even born.

Whatever God is telling you to do, go do it!  He has a plan for each of us.  The problem occurs when we tell God “Not me, you must have me confused with someone else!”  Whatever God is calling you to do, realize that He has set this into motion long before you were even born.

We see a sliver of the big picture.  God painted the whole picture.  He knows what needs to be done (His perfect plan/will/purpose).  He uses who he wants to use to make that plan come into fruition.  

What is God calling you to do?  More importantly, what is your answer to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment